SecurMed UK, a non-profit organisation set up to establish the National Medicines Verification System for the UK, under the European Falsified Medicines Directive [2011/62/EU], registered in England under company number 10276927.
If you give us your personal information through this website, or you contact us by other means, SecurMed UK is the data controller for information you share with us.
Our website contains links to other websites. Please note that we have no control over how your data is collected, stored, or used by other websites and we advise you to check the privacy policies of any such websites before providing any data to them.
We may change this Privacy Notice from time to time, any changes will be immediately posted on our website. We recommend that you check this page regularly to keep up-to-date.
How we collect your personal data
We may collect your personal data in a number of ways, for example:
- When you register with us and set up an account to receive our services
- When you contact us through our website, by telephone, post, e-mail or through any other means.
How we will use your personal data
In order to provide the service of the UKNI National Medicines Verification System.
In order to perform a role which we have been designated to carry out by an official authority (e.g. the government or Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA)), or where we are otherwise carrying out tasks which are in the public interest (e.g. which have been designated as such by government, or which would otherwise be deemed in the public interest).
In order to manage our relationship with you including:
- To send you important notices such as communications about changes to our terms and conditions and policies (including this Privacy Notice)
- To provide you with important real-time information about the services we provide to you
- To send you information you have requested
- To deal with your enquiries
In order to administer and protect our business, deal with any misuse of our website and to comply with our security policies at our locations.
In order to comply with our own legal obligations, e.g. health and safety legislation, or to assist in an investigation.
Our Legal Basis for processing personal data.
We only process your personal data:
- if we have a lawful basis to do so
- if the processing is necessary, reasonable and proportionate
- in accordance with the way in which we describe in this Privacy Notice.
The legal bases that we rely on when processing your personal data are:
Most of the processing we carry out in relation to your personal data is necessary for the performance of one of our legal obligations (e.g. provision of the UKNI National Medicines Verification System and our duty to protect the health, safety and wellbeing of our employees).
In some circumstances we may also use your personal data for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest, or in the exercise of an official authority vested in us.
Where our processing is not necessary for compliance with a legal obligation, we generally rely on our legitimate interests to run our business efficiently and improve our services. We always check that our legitimate interests are not overridden by your rights and process your Personal Information in a way that we think you would reasonably expect (i.e. as set out in this Privacy Notice).
Where we have entered into a contractual arrangement with you, we will use your personal data to support the execution of that contract.
In some circumstances we may require consent from you to process your personal data for specific purposes not covered by another legal basis. When we collect your personal data for these purposes we will ensure that we get your explicit consent to collect and record it (and share with others if applicable), and tell you how you can withdraw your consent if you change your mind.
Keeping your personal data safe
The security of your personal data is very important to us. We will ensure that the personal information that you provide us via this website is held on secure servers.
We will take appropriate technical and organisational measures to prevent unauthorised or unlawful processing of personal data and protect against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to personal data.
How long do we keep your information?
We have a retention policy in place and will store your personal data as long as necessary for the provision of our services.
We take reasonable steps to retain your information for only as long as is necessary to fulfil our contractual and legal obligations to you, after which we will delete it.
How we share your personal data
We may share your personal data;
- with our employees, agents and/or professional advisors
- with successors-in-title to our business
- with the MHRA
- with other third party contractors who provide services to us which require the processing of personal data
- where we are under a legal obligation to do so
We have contractual arrangements in place with third party partners and agents who perform services on our behalf. These partners may include accountants, printers and IT specialists.
Your data privacy rights
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights, although they are all affected by different conditions and limitations:
- Right to be informed – you have the right to know how SecurMed UK is using your personal data and for what purposes. This information is provided in this privacy notice.
- Right of access – you have the right to request a free copy of the information that we hold about you.
- When requesting a copy of your information we may ask you to specify what data you would like to see, to ensure that we can respond to your request as quickly as possible.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erasure – you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – you can ask us to restrict, or suppress, the processing of your personal data.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you supplied to you, so that you may transfer it to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – we do not use your personal data in this way.
It is important that your personal data is kept accurate and up-to-date. If any of the personal data we hold about you changes, please keep us informed for as long as we have that data.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint regarding our use of your data. Please tell us first, so we have a chance to address your concerns. If we fail in this, you can address any complaint to the UK Information Commissioner’s Office, either by calling their helpline or as directed on their website at www.ico.org.uk.
Please let us know if you wish to exercise any of your rights, or make a complaint, by emailing us at [email protected]
Data Subject Access Request – DSAR
You can request a copy of the information that we hold about you at any time. You can contact us in writing by email or letter using the contact information at the bottom of this notice. You also have the right to make your request by telephone, or in person, if you wish.
In accordance with GDPR you will be required to prove your identity and thereafter we will provide the information to you within a month.
Communicating with us:
- If you contact us by email, or provide your email address for us to contact you, we may use the details provided to contact you about anything to do with your query, or managing your account.
- If you no longer wish us to contact you by email, please let us know and, if necessary, provide alternative contact details.
- If you contact us by telephone, your call may be recorded for training and service-related purposes.
You can write to us at:
Milton Park Innovation Centre
99 Park Drive
If you prefer to contact us by email, please send your query or request to: [email protected]